[elinks-users] Elinks <local-file>

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Sun Oct 12 05:17:28 PDT 2003

Since I upgraded my elinks from cvs last monday, I can not access
local files e.g. "elinks local-file.html". I get two beeps, and the
following message:

ELinks crashed. That shouldn't happen. Please report this incident to
developers. Preferrably please include information about what probably
triggered this and the listout below. Note that it does NOT supercede the gdb
output, which is way more useful for developers. If you would like to help to
debug the problem you just uncovered, please keep the core you just got and
send the developers output of 'bt' command entered inside of gdb (which you run
as gdb elinks core). Thanks a lot for your cooperation!

ELinks 0.5pre6.CVS
Features: Standard, SSL (OpenSSL), IPv6, Bookmarks, Cookies, Global History, gzip, bzip2, Forms memory

elinks(dump_backtrace+0x14)[0x80b58bc]
elinks[0x8086cbf]
elinks[0x8086e6c]
/lib/i686/libc.so.6[0x42028558]
elinks(get_opt_+0x11)[0x80a1669]
elinks[0x808c928]
elinks[0x808cb65]
elinks(get_content_type_backends+0x3a)[0x808b6de]
elinks(get_content_type+0x93)[0x808b487]
elinks(ses_chktype+0x17)[0x807e60f]
elinks[0x8080e2c]
elinks(end_load+0x4d)[0x80813bd]
elinks[0x807ae9d]
elinks[0x807aebe]
elinks(abort_connection+0x1a)[0x807b5aa]
elinks[0x809001e]
elinks[0x807b4bb]
elinks(check_queue+0x174)[0x807b864]
elinks(do_check_bottom_halves+0x2b)[0x8084bb7]
elinks(select_loop+0x2df)[0x808533f]

I've just fetched the newest cvs-files, and recompiled. The problem is
still there. Has anyone else noticed this bug?

Lars