[elinks-users] Re: HTML files

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Wed Oct 15 13:57:24 PDT 2003

Dear diary, on Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 10:46:10PM CEST, I got a letter,
where David Gómez <david at pleyades.net> told me, that...
> Hi all ;),

Hello,

> I'm configuring my mail reader to display automatically messages with HTML
> contents with elinks, but the problem i found is that elinks does not
> recognize this attachments as HTML, and displays them in their source form.
> It seems that elinks only parses a file when it has a .html extension, but
> in this case, mutt creates temporary files in /tmp without any kind of
> extension and then elinks does not recognize them automagically ;).
>
> Is there some way to force elinks to parse input as html? I mean something
> similar to the -force_html options that lynx has.

it depends on the ELinks version you are using. If you are using 0.4.2,
try -default-mime-type text/html. In 0.4.3rc and more recent 0.5pres,
-force-html is included for compatibility with lynx, thus you can use
that directly.

Kind regards,

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis