[elinks-users] Re: Re: Elinks <local-file>

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sat Oct 18 13:13:54 PDT 2003

Dear diary, on Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 02:05:08PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Jean-Yves Levesque <jyves at nortelnetworks.com> told me, that...
> * Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw.cz>:
> > Dear diary, on Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:48:36PM CEST, I got a letter,
> > where Jean-Yves Levesque <jyves at nortelnetworks.com> told me, that...
>
> 	[stuff deleted]
> >
> > That's strange, we should never call init_mimetypes_map() before
> > init_mimetypes()... right? It looks like init_mimetypes() wasn't called
> > although it should have been.
> >
> > It should be called through init_mime_backends() which should be called
> > init_mime(). Could you please check (try inserting debug("x") calls
> > there) if these functions are called or not? And, in turn, if
> > init_mimetypes_map() is called then?
> >

> DEBUG MESSAGE at mime.c:24: init_mime.
> DEBUG MESSAGE at common.c:34: init_mime_backends.
> DEBUG MESSAGE at mimetypes.c:234: get_content_type_mimetypes.
> DEBUG MESSAGE at mimetypes.c:152: init_mimetypes_map.
> DEBUG MESSAGE at mimetypes.c:221: init_mimetypes.
>
> For un unknown reason, get_content_type_mimetypes is called
> before init_mimetypes.
>
> init_mimetypes is called from my modified init_mimetypes_map function.

Could you please also place a debug message at the end of each function,
so that we can see whether given function was called inside from another
one or not?

Didn't you tinker with mime/backends/common.h structures? Are you sure?
Doesn't diff against an original tree show differences?

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.