[elinks-users] Re: Re: Elinks <local-file>

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Oct 20 08:58:08 PDT 2003

Dear diary, on Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 01:15:41PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Jean-Yves Levesque <jyves at nortelnetworks.com> told me, that...
> * Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw.cz>:
> > Dear diary, on Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 02:05:08PM CEST, I got a letter,
> > where Jean-Yves Levesque <jyves at nortelnetworks.com> told me, that...
> >>
>  	[More stuff deleted]
> >> >

> > Could you please also place a debug message at the end of each function,
> > so that we can see whether given function was called inside from another
> > one or not?
>
> DEBUG MESSAGE at mime.c:24: -v- init_mime
> DEBUG MESSAGE at common.c:34: -v- init_mime_backends
> DEBUG MESSAGE at common.c:45: --- init_mime_backends -> mailcap
> DEBUG MESSAGE at common.c:45: --- init_mime_backends -> optionsystem
> DEBUG MESSAGE at common.c:50: -^- init_mime_backends
> DEBUG MESSAGE at mime.c:26: -^- init_mime
>
> For an unknown reason, init_mimetypes is not called from init_mime_backends.
> Do not know why. I checked to be sure it was added to the list but
> is not being called. Problem with the add_to_list? don't know.
>
> The other possibility is that the structure is being overwritten by
> something else. WOuld not know where to look though.

In 0.5pre8 (and current CVS already has it, by jonas), it will be fixed
by changing the lists back to lookup tables, like all other
multi-backend mechanisms in ELinks have ;-). So it should be fixed,
hopefully.

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.