[elinks-users] xdvi elinks

Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters miciah at myrealbox.com
Sat Aug 14 05:52:02 PDT 2004

On 20040813 12:24:29, Jean-guillaume Piccinali <jean-guillaume.piccinali at ext.bull.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure mime types in order to read xdvi but i miss a
> point.
> Here is my elinks.conf :
> elinks.conf
>
> set ui.language = "French"
>         set mime.handler.dvi.unix.program = "/usr/bin/xdvi %"
>         set mime.handler.dvi.unix-xwin.program = "/usr/bin/xdvi %"
>         set mime.handler.dvi.unix.ask = 1
>         set mime.handler.dvi.unix.block = 1
>         set mime.handler.dvi.unix-xwin.ask = 1
>         set mime.handler.dvi.unix-xwin.block = 0

This defines the 'dvi' handler.

> set mime.extension.dvi = "application/dvi"

The associates the extension 'dvi' with the MIME-type 'application/dvi'.

> Where am i wrong ? Does it work ok for you ?

You need:

	set mime.type.application.dvi = "dvi"

This associates the MIME type 'application/dvi' with the 'dvi' handler.

See <http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/mime.html>.

The description for mime.handler should be corrected to clarify
that its sub-options do not refer to MIME types.

 -- Miciah <miciah at myrealbox.com>