[elinks-users] Re: feature.h

Alexey Tourbin at at altlinux.ru
Thu Mar 4 14:07:16 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 08:18:46AM +0100, Witold Filipczyk wrote:
> I can say as packager.
> Building is a batch process. Forget about 'make menuconfig' and checkboxes.
> Pristine sources are used and if a packager would like conditional builds
> be available he/she had to patch feature.h for every feature.
> It's impossible.
> configure.in is place for features.
> I don't like feature.h!

Hi, and here is my late $0.02.
I build elinks-0.9.1 RPM package like this:

%build
# configure options are rather useless since most real options placed now in feature.h
%configure --without-x --sysconfdir=%_sysconfdir/%name

cat <<__EOF__ >>feature.h
/* ALT */
#define CONFIG_256_COLORS 1
#define CONFIG_SMB 1