[elinks-users] Results of async dns test

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Wed Mar 31 17:43:03 PST 2004

	Hi,

  Like I said in the other post, I don't even know if this was still an
  issue, but I recompiled last night's CVS after modifying dns.c, turned
  async dns back on (1), and checked it on a URL which had often
  returned a "Host not found" the first time I tried to access it.
  (Before I turned async dns off several days ago.)

  Anyway, with the modified line in dns.c and async dns on, it seemed to
  act exactly the same way, returning a "Host not found". The URL is
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Living_survivors. I'm sure that's a
  multiple redirect URL (as is most of Yahoo :)), but that's the result
  I got.

  Again, with async dns off, it's absolutely no problem, it runs like a
  charm. BTW, this is on Linux (Slackware), gcc 2.95.3 and running my
  own local DNS.

  	Take care,
	Steve