[elinks-users] Trouble connecting to CVS

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at titanium.sabren.com
Sun May 23 00:48:03 PDT 2004

[gradha at noir:0] [~/cvs/progs]$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.elinks.or.cz:/var/cvs/elinks
[gradha at noir:0] [~/cvs/progs]$ cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at cvs.elinks.or.cz:2401/var/cvs/elinks
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.elinks.or.cz: cvs pserver: /var/cvs/elinks/CVSROOT/config: unrecognized keyword 'UseNewInfoFmtStrings'
[gradha at noir:0] [~/cvs/progs]$ cvs co elinks
cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.elinks.or.cz: cvs pserver: /var/cvs/elinks/CVSROOT/config: unrecognized keyword 'UseNewInfoFmtStrings'

Since I couldn't check out the latest version I don't know what version
I'm using to report a bug. Anyway, the bug is that if you create a
directory with the ? character and try to open a local html file inside,
elinks asks "Would you like to save the file 'Whocanyoutrust' (type:
application/octet-stream) or display it?" instead of showing it as html
directly. If I remove the ? from the directory name, everything works as
expected.