[elinks-users] Trouble connecting to CVS

Jonas Fonseca fonseca at diku.dk
Sun May 23 06:44:15 PDT 2004

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha at titanium.sabren.com> wrote Sun, May 23, 2004:
> [cvs screen dump removed]
>
> Since I couldn't check out the latest version I don't know what version
> I'm using to report a bug.

What does (in the main menu) Help -> About say about the version?

> Anyway, the bug is that if you create a
> directory with the ? character and try to open a local html file inside,
> elinks asks "Would you like to save the file 'Whocanyoutrust' (type:
> application/octet-stream) or display it?" instead of showing it as html
> directly. If I remove the ? from the directory name, everything works as
> expected.

Ok so you open a .html or .txt kind of file that ELinks normally don't
ask about?

I can't recall when but once ELinks also had problems with showing files
with '#' in the name. Now all is encoded so there should be no problem.

$ elinks -source "dha?sd/.#Makefile.am.1.30"
$ elinks --version
ELinks 0.9.CVS (built on May 23 2004 03:50:58)