[elinks-users] Trouble connecting to CVS

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at titanium.sabren.com
Thu May 27 14:29:05 PDT 2004

On 2004-05-23, Jonas Fonseca <fonseca at diku.dk> wrote:
> > Since I couldn't check out the latest version I don't know what version
> > I'm using to report a bug.
>
> What does (in the main menu) Help -> About say about the version?

I was able to check out three days ago.

ELinks 0.9.CVS

Features:
Standard, IPv6, gzip, bzip2, Cascading Style Sheets, Protocol (URI rewrite),
SSL (OpenSSL), MIME (Option system, Mailcap, Mimetypes files), Bookmarks,
Cookies, Forms History, Global History, Scripting (Lua)

> Ok so you open a .html or .txt kind of file that ELinks normally don't
> ask about?

Yes. Try this:

for f in test1 t\?; do mkdir "$f"; echo test > "$f"/test.html; elinks "$f"/test.html; done

The first file is displayed. For the second one elinks asks what to do
with it. If you later go into the second directory and run from there,
again the same question, even though the question mark is not in the
command line argument but in the full path of the file.