[elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] ELinks-0.9.3
fonseca at diku.dk
Thu Nov 11 17:26:03 PST 2004
Thanks to pasky the batch of updates and fixes below has been released as 0.9.3.
No need for release candidates at this point. A lot of bugs especially involving
Michal Zalewski's random HTML generating tools has not been backported and
probably won't unless someone volunteers.
Reasons for updating:
- Update config.guess and config.sub with versions from cvs HEAD. Fixes
configuration on a few architectures.
- Fix leak in history auto completion.
- Fix cookie domain security checking.
- Disable bzip2 support for Accept-Encoding that was causing infinite
looping. (bug 517)
- Try to fix linking against -liconv which was causing dependency problem.
- Limit rowspan/colspan values prevents crashes reported at
Note there are still a lot of issues revealed by Michal Zalewski tools that
need fixing. (bug 546)
- Fix linking against gzip or bzip2 compression libraries.
The complete changelog is available in the package.
Note that from this release and forward the distributed files will also
be available as a .tar.gz file.
Please, if a bug you reported in bugzilla (http://bugzilla.elinks.or.cz)
has been fix help to close it or report back whether it fixed your
As always you are more than welcome to join the insomniacs hanging out
at the #elinks channel on irc.freenode.net if you want to report issues
or meet developers.
More information about the elinks-users