[elinks-users] Newbie Needs Copy and Paste Help Please

Faux_Pseudo faux_pseudo at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 20:20:57 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 05:23:49AM -0700, Jim Tucker wrote:
> I have not found any documentation showing how elinks actually
> INTEGRATES with GNU Screen.

I don't think you will.

> By integration do you mean that the native elinks select, copy and
> paste commands work directly with the GNU Screen clipboard (which I
> have not found to be true) or merely that the GNU screen select, copy
> and paste functions are able to operate on an elinks session?

The last one.  If you can think of any way to improve on that it would
be interesting to hear it but I think that for most people using
elinks (and every other console app they use) in one screen session to
handle the c&p from one app to another works just fine.  I have been
using screen for so long that I didn't even learn that you could copy
and paste with a mouse in elinks until recently and I still seldom do
it since screen works so nicely for my needs.

--
  .-'))       fauxascii.com        ('-.  | It's a damn poor mind that
 ' ..-  .:" )               ( ":.  -.. ' | can only think of one way to