[elinks-users] Newbie Needs Copy and Paste Help Please

Jim Tucker rjtucker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:27:05 PDT 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 8:20 PM, Faux_Pseudo <faux_pseudo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The last one.  If you can think of any way to improve on that it would
> be interesting to hear it but I think that for most people using
> elinks (and every other console app they use) in one screen session to
> handle the c&p from one app to another works just fine.  I have been
> using screen for so long that I didn't even learn that you could copy
> and paste with a mouse in elinks until recently and I still seldom do
> it since screen works so nicely for my needs.

You're right.  GNU screen works pretty well for that.  The only
quibble I have is that it can take quite a few keystrokes to navigate
the GNU Screen cursor to the text that you want to copy, anchor the
selection, navigate to the end of the selection, etc.

Compare that to the selection and copying processes if you use a
native app's  editing functions.  Typically "Ctrl-A" in a Windows app,
for example, will select all of the text in the current field and
"Ctrl-C" will copy it.

It's a quibble, I know, but with something as basic as copy and paste,
every keystroke saved can multiply quickly and result in improved
efficiency over time.  I was hoping to find something that slick and
efficient for elinks.