[elinks-users] Silent configuration changes in 0.10.4

Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters miciah at myrealbox.com
Mon Apr 11 06:25:59 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 08:18:17PM +0200, DervishD wrote:
>     Hi all :)
>
>     I've upgraded from 0.10.3 to 0.10.4 and some configuration items
> in my /etc/elinks.rc now fail (bad value).
>
>     The first one is 'ui.timer.duration' which previously had a value
> of '0', meaning 'disable' (at least, that's what I supposed). Now it
> cannot have that value, but options.inc has not changed :??

I believe that this is because the default value for the -verbose
command-line option was changed. This has been discussed on IRC,
but nobody has done anything about it yet.

>     The second is the binding of 'paste-clipboard' in the 'main'
> keymap. Of course it fails because paste-clipboard is defined *only*
> in the 'edit' keymap, but again, that has not changed from 0.10.3 and
> before it was allowed. I can see the logic beneath allowing
> copy-clipboard in the 'main' keymap but no paste-clipboard...

What should paste-clipboard do in the main map? Should it try to load
whatever URI is in the clipboard?

--
Miciah Masters <miciah at myrealbox.com> / <mdm0304 at mail.ecu.edu>