[elinks-users] Newbie Needs Copy and Paste Help Please

Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters miciah at myrealbox.com
Mon Apr 11 11:09:06 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:31:53AM -0700, Jim Tucker wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2005 6:18 AM, Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters
> <miciah at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> > Bind keys to copy-clipboard or cut-clipboard in the main and edit maps.
>
> Ctrl-Insert is bound in the main and edit maps to "Copy text to clipboard".
>

> > These will copy the selected link's href or the current text field's
> > contents into Screen's . register
>
> As a test, I launched elinks within a GNU screen and navigated to
> http://www.google.com, entered "foobar" into the text field, and
> pressed Ctrl-Insert.  Then I opened another screen, and invoked the
> GNU Screen paste command at the bash prompt.  It reported "empty
> buffer".

Try binding a different key. Ctrl-Insert is one of those combinations
that tend not to work in text terminals. Plain Insert, for example,
or Ctrl with a letter should work. I like Y for copy-clipboard in the
main map, and I use the default of Ctrl-X for cut-clipboard in text
fields.

--
Miciah Masters <miciah at myrealbox.com> / <mdm0304 at mail.ecu.edu>