[elinks-users] Re: Media links on mlb.com don't work in ELinks

Clay Davenport Clay.Davenport at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 18 11:50:55 PDT 2005

From: Jonas Fonseca <fonseca <at> diku.dk>

 > There's really only one site I badly want to use that doesn't fully
 > work in Elinks. That's www.mlb.com, the site for Major League Baseball.
 > They have some multimedia content such as being able to listen online to
 > the games being played and a few other things. These are javascript links
 > that just show an error when you hit enter. The live games you have to pay
 > fore but there are some links to video reports you can try out.
 >
 > The links are similar to this one.

javascript:void(playMedia2({w:'/2005/open/teams05/det/video/05_st_preview_det_56.wmv',pid:'gen_video',cid:'mlb',v:'2'}));
 > Using current elinks cvs with error reporting on, this error
 > message is all that happens.
 > ReferenceError: playMedia2 is not defined

It isn't just the multimedia portions of the site. The database of player
stats also goes through javascript that elinks doesn't pick up.

Unfortunately, mlb.com is now sourcing the minor league statistics at
minorleaguebaseball.com and baseballamerica.com/stats, and those are equally
unreadable.

CD