[elinks-users] Can't bind to link-external-command

Cory T. Echols ctechols at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 12 12:09:44 PDT 2005

If I have:

bind "main" "R" = "bookmark-manager"

in my elinks.conf file, then hitting 'R' will rightly open the bookmark
manager.  However, the following binding behaves as a no-op:

bind "main" "R" = "link-external-command"

Of course, I'm not running elinks with both bindings defined
simultaneously.  I'm only re-using the "R" key so that I can eliminate
the possibility of terminal driver interference.

My links version information is as follows.  It's the default package
from debian 'etch'.

ELinks 0.10.4 (built on May 21 2005 13:57:21)

Features:
Standard, Fastmem, IPv6, gzip, bzip2, Cascading Style Sheets, Protocol
(File, FTP, HTTP, NNTP, SMB, URI rewrite, User protocols),
SSL (GnuTLS), MIME (Option system, Mailcap, Mimetypes files), LED indicators,
Bookmarks, Cookies, Form History, Global History, Scripting (Lua, Perl)

--
Cory T. Echols