[elinks-users] How to get color display?

Seth Williamson orthodox at ntelos.net
Thu Aug 18 15:54:51 PDT 2005

I moved to the country where I am lucky to have electricity, much less
Internet.  I went from broadband to dial-up hell.

Consequently, finding elinks has been a godsend.  I am ability to use
the web at a decent speed at home.  It is a magnificent product.

I am baffled, however, by how to get a color display on a terminal.  The
docs seem to be out of date.

I am close to a total noob.  I am using the newest version of Libranet,
a Debian distro, and did an apt-get install to get elinks.  Or maybe it
was already here, I can't remember.

At any rate, if somebody could tell me, step by step, exactly what
settings I'm supposed to change in the elinks.conf file I would be
grateful.  I found that in the /etc directory.  I can't find a file
named features.conf anywhere.

Also, is it still necessary to use xterm to get color?

Seth Williamson
Franklin County, VA
USA