[elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] ELinks-0.10.1
fonseca at diku.dk
Tue Jan 4 12:00:46 PST 2005
I am sitting here sipping a cup of chai listening to Miles Davis
Nefertiti, trying to get over the cold that I have been using as an
excuse for sitting at home spending time on ELinks when I should be
studying. ;) Hmm, why all this blabbering, well just to say, that the
first update to the new stable 0.10 serie are up for grabs and If all
goes well it will probably be a while before the next one.
This update to the 0.10 branch - which is most of all a synchronization
with all the goodies in the 0.11 development branch - brings you more
documentation improvements. Our native English speaker has even
proof-read some of it so you should be able to actually make sense of
it. ;) One new feature has been added: It is now possible to resize
terminals when running ELinks in an X windowing systems. Else you will
find lots of small nice bugfixes.
Translators are once again encouraged to update .po files for the new
stable branch. Many languages are unmaintained so if you have time to
spare don't hesitate to submit translation updates.
Ehm, *with small puppy-eyes* the disk that the ELinks cvs repository is
stored on unfortunately, again today, ran out of disk space. This has
been a returning and quite annoying problem for some time. So anyone who
would like to and can afford to donate a spare harddisk, please don't
hesitate to contact me.
- Support for resizing X terminal emulators. Available tru the File
- Lots of documentation improvements.
- Translation updates: cs, fi, fr, pl and da.
- New build feature added that makes it possible to update only one .po
file by setting either PO=<lang> or PO=<lang>.po when calling make.
Example: run `make update-po PO=is` in the po/ directory to update
the Islandic translation.
- Information about build date and time is now always shown.
- Information about NLS support is now shown in features.log.
- Fix bug where the static current_charset variable of the static
function _() was duplicated in every translation unit that called it,
resulting in unnecessary or possibly skipped calls to
- The bugfix above in turn revealed that the _() gettext wrapper was
compiled in even when NLS was disabled.
- Fix International Domain Name support for HTTP by also setting the
value of the Host header to IDN.
- A long long time ago OS shell access was mysteriously disabled for
unix when running ELinks in a X windowing environment, but not
- Fix terminal driver comparison triggered when comparing 'xterm'
against 'xterm-color'. This would cause no terminal option change
hook to be defined an resulting in a crash.
- Fix compilation issue with namespace clashes between the gettext and
perl scripting headers.
- Fix compilation issue when mouse support was disabled and GPM
- (Probably) fix compilation issue on MacOS X.
Add to this various smaller fixes and cleanups. Anyway, thanks to
everybody providing patches and excellent testcases for this release.
The ChangeLog is not as detailed as it could be due to heavy merging of
patches in sets however a more complete changelog is available in the
Please, if a bug you reported in bugzilla (http://bugzilla.elinks.or.cz)
has been fixed help to close it or verify whether the bug is infact
As always you are more than welcome to join the insomniacs hanging out
at the #elinks IRC channel on irc.freenode.net if you want to report
issues or meet developers.
More information about the elinks-users