[elinks-users] How do I enable the pretty line graphics and colors under gnu/screen [SOLVED]

cga cga2001 at softhome.net
Fri Jan 7 09:11:22 PST 2005

Petr Baudis wrote:

>Could you please take more care when wrapping your paragraphs? It's
>quite difficult to read this way. Thanks.

I apologize.. I finding it very annoying myself. I normally email under vim
but due to some problems with e-mail accounts I had to use a web mail
interface that doesn't know about textwidth=

>That Debian difference means only that the Debian ELinks packagers took
>more care to preconfigure ELinks to work nice on the Debian system. (But
>I assume you compiled own ELinks on that RH7.2 anyway.)

yes.. and since I hadn't made up my mind I was going to use it I paid little
attention to configuration.. used defaults I guess.. crossed fingers.. I
don't
remember...

>I have this
>strange feeling that you are still actually missing the point ;-)

oh, absolutely.. I understand little about terminals and w/o studying the
code it's very easy to get the wrong idea...

[..]

>> I hadn't seen the Terminal Options in the Setup menu, only the
>>"Terminals" section in the options manager.
>>

>It's the third item from the top.

..coming from a gui browser I did not expect to have to set up
my terminal / specify preferences... and I certainly wasn't prepared
for this incredible wealth of features/options.

Thank you.