[elinks-users] zsh completion function update

Doug Kearns dougkearns at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 07:06:27 PDT 2005

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 06:37:04PM +0200, Jonas Fonseca wrote:
> Doug Kearns <dougkearns at gmail.com> wrote Fri, Jul 01, 2005:
> > Here's an update to the zsh completion function for version 0.10.5. If
> > there's anything you'd like improved let me know.
>
> Sweet, thanks. I especially like the remote completion. :)
>
> One thing. Not all options support completion of both -cmd and --cmd as
> they should. For example --rem<tab> completes to -no-references.

That's because I didn't realise that the long version existed... ;-)
If you change the _arguments line to:

_arguments -C -A '-*' -M 'b:--=-' \

it will complete all --option to -option.

> > I have a version that improves the -remote completion a little and adds
> > full -eval support (ie. it completes each option with the correct values
> > etc) but it's stuck on my work machine which I won't have access to for
> > a while and I'm, well, too lazy to rewrite it right now... ;-)
>
> You've done a very good job. I don't know if such a thing would even be
> needed.
>
> Should I add it to CVS in contribe/zsh?

Sure if you think that would be helpful. It will, of course, be in the
next zsh release.

Just a couple of quick questions:
- should the output of -config-dump be parsed for shortcuts etc if there is no elinks.conf?
- should history be added to the URL completion?
- I gather when the -remote option is given no other options are
  relevant?

Regards,
Doug