[elinks-users] some questions keyword-hotkeys, stayonhost

Doug Kearns dougkearns at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:34:34 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:51:02PM +0200, Robert Michel wrote:
> Salve!
>
> I like Elinks very much, but I have some questions:
>

> 1.) plain text URL on webpage, which is the best way to
> open it in a new tab?
> Sorry, I haven't understud it yet - I use copy paste
> to a new xterm and start a nother elinks - is there
> a trick how to mark it (with/without mouse) and open
> it?
>
> (Would be nice to use vim Syntaxhighligtin and
> mutt parsing to make plain text URL or plain Wiki text
> [elinks] -> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/elinks
> accessable) ;)

You can do this with the (lua|guile|perl|python|ruby) scripting
pre_format_html_hook. Alternatively have a look at
http://www.privoxy.org/

> 2.) Is it already possible to use a parser to
> open Links? E.g. webpage contains a Link with the Name
> "next" hotkey "n" for direct access for this Link?

I might be misunderstanding you but elinks provides access to link
elements in a list at the top of the page. Try http://www.w3.org for an
example.

<snip>

> 5.) Would be nice to have a function for bookmarked
> pages to leave out parts of the webpage (not needed
> text, menues, links...) - Does somebody knows a
> proxy to filter out unneeded content?

See answer to question 1.

<snip>

Regards,