[elinks-users] Hook: URL dependent keybinding for link access?

Robert Michel mail at robertmichel.de
Thu Jul 21 02:39:35 PDT 2005

Salve Doug!

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Doug Kearns wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:51:02PM +0200, Robert Michel wrote:
> > (Would be nice to use vim Syntaxhighligtin and
> > mutt parsing to make plain text URL or plain Wiki text
> > [elinks] -> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/elinks
> > accessable) ;)
>
> You can do this with the (lua|guile|perl|python|ruby) scripting
> pre_format_html_hook. Alternatively have a look at
> http://www.privoxy.org/

Hey cool, pre_format_html_hook was what I was looking for.
Also --StayOnHost --StayOnUrl will be possible to do with
it and much, much more to play with :)

Is there a way to have a standard pre_format_html_hook
for all pages?

> > 2.) Is it already possible to use a parser to
> > open Links? E.g. webpage contains a Link with the Name
> > "next" hotkey "n" for direct access for this Link?
>
> I might be misunderstanding you but elinks provides access to link
> elements in a list at the top of the page. Try http://www.w3.org for an
> example.

The idea is that some pages have keywords for their pagenavigation:
"next", "back" and I would like to have keybindings like
"n", "b" to access this links without mouse.

This hook should be configurable for different domains.
I guess I should/can use the luna-console to to this.

But within the luna-console (started with ",")
return "goto-url", "http://www.debian.org"
or even
return nil

Gives the error:
Elinks: Lua: bad argument for eval

What's wrong?

> > 5.) Would be nice to have a function for bookmarked
> > pages to leave out parts of the webpage (not needed
> > text, menues, links...) - Does somebody knows a
> > proxy to filter out unneeded content?
>
> See answer to question 1.
;)

Thank you - have a good day,
rob

PS: Shame on my that I had ask the FAQ about copy/past,
I had used it several times but forgot it again...
sorry ;)