[elinks-users] auto-hiding menu

Jonas Fonseca fonseca at diku.dk
Fri Jun 10 04:44:09 PDT 2005

Mike Miller <elinks-users at mgmiller.net> wrote Fri, Jun 10, 2005:
> Hi,

Hello,

> I'm sorry for not searching the list before asking this, but I couldn't
> find any elinks articles with the LFS search page.  Not sure what I am
> doing wrong.

I've added a mailing list specific search form on the search page
(http://elinks.or.cz/search.html). It will take some time to propagate.

> Anyway, I'd like to turn off the hiding of the menu until it is
> clicked.  This is the feature I hated most of links, and I hoped elinks,
> being so configurable would have a setting to disable it.  But, I
> haven't been able to find it yet.
>
> Is there any way to get the menu to show all the time... like every
> other application with a menu that ever existed?   ;)

I am afraid not. Right now the behaviour of the status/tab/title bars
and the main menu is pretty hard coded. E.g. you cannot move the status
bar up to the top. In the long run it would be nice to fix all this.