[elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] ELinks-0.10.5
fonseca at diku.dk
Tue May 3 12:25:47 PDT 2005
This monthly update to the stable branch mostly brings you lots of bug
fix and minor improvements. There is however also some changes which are
a bit more experimental namely support for less aggressive caching. It
is not perfect but it seems to do the right thing most of the time.
Finally, the documentation is now available as one file in either plain
text or HTML version.
Following is a summary of the changes in ELinks 0.10.5.
- Most of the .txt files in the doc/ directory was lifted to the XML
format defined in RFC 2629. It should make it easier to browse the
documentation. Both .txt and .html version is available.
Feature updates and improvements:
- Try to add support for a less aggressive caching strategy. Disable
document.cache.ignore_cache_control to try it. It will try to
better honour info in the Expires, Pragma and Cache-Control in both
the HTTP and the HTML headers. Inspired by Links2.
- Introduce a workaround for document refreshing leading to never
ending file download. It should do the right thing in most cases and
the remaining ones the you will just have to reload to restart the
- Make the gopher code more robust for URIs without entity info.
- Make it possible to have a specific features.conf file for each
build tree and to change compile-time settings without modifying a
file that is tracked by CVS.
- Show link image info in the document dialog.
- Improve error reporting for connections by showing which URI failed.
Furthermore, make it clearer when an IP version specific URIs
- NNTP error messages are now translated.
- Add --config-dump which dump a configuration file with default
options to stdout. Helpfull for package maintainers when providing
an example config file.
- Don't sleep after config errors when --dump or --source was
- Fix form bug which caused form controls to be associated with the
- Only set a link's accesskey if the accesskey attribute's value is
not an empty string.
- Only show link title if it is actually there.
- Fixes crash with refreshing downloads and mailcap asking disabled.
- Fix the exit code when passing --config-* command line switches.
- Skip non-link chars from attribute values. Fixes HTML highlighting
of hrefs links with newlines etc in the value.
- Fix the set_option() and get_option() functions available from Lua
scripts to compile with Lua 4.
- Fix configuration error on Solaris.
- Fix dependency error for building util/scanner.o.
Add to this various smaller fixes, cleanups and translation updates.
The complete changelog is available in the package.
Please, if a bug you reported in bugzilla (http://bugzilla.elinks.or.cz)
has been fixed help to close it or verify whether the bug is infact
As always you are more than welcome to join the insomniacs hanging out
at the #elinks IRC channel on irc.freenode.net if you want to report
issues or meet developers.
More information about the elinks-users