[elinks-users] Problems trying to compile lua40 support

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at titanium.sabren.com
Fri May 6 04:00:41 PDT 2005

Hi.

I've updated recently and have problems trying to compile lua40
support on a Debian testing system. To find lua headers I need to
export CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/lua40. This allows the compiler to
find the headers, but the C code doesn't compile:

configure:15992: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/include/lua40 -Wall     -rdynamic conftest.c -llua -llualib -lm -ldl  -lgpm -lz -lbz2 -lexpat >&5
conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:133: error: too few arguments to function `lua_open'
conftest.c:137: warning: implicit declaration of function `lua_tablibopen'
conftest.c:138: warning: implicit declaration of function `lua_pushboolean'

Using Debian lua packages 4.0-13:

 [gradha at noir:0] [/usr/include/lua40]$ rgrep lua_open *
 lua.h:LUA_API lua_State *lua_open (int stacksize);

A grep for the other functions shows they are not included in the
version of lua I have.  Do I need a manually installed "bleeding
edge" lua 4.0 lib?

I recently read there are conflicts between lua 4 and 5. If so,
should I use 5.0 and migrate all my hooks to the new lua? Are the
changes "radical" or is it just minor modifications?