[elinks-users] Feature Request

Jonas Fonseca fonseca at diku.dk
Mon May 9 17:10:58 PDT 2005

cga <cga2001 at softhome.net> wrote Mon, May 09, 2005:
> Jonas Fonseca wrote:
>
> >gabi braunmueller <gabi.braunmueller at t-online.de> wrote Sat, May 07, 2005:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I think it would be a nice feature, if the LEDs could indicate, that
> >>there are still downloads in the background.  There are still 2
> >>positions free ...
> >>

> >I've thought about that. Maybe even having a cute little animation like
> >fsck.  ;)
> >
> >However, how do you define download? Is it only document downloads
> >(including stuff like CSS) or do you also mean file downloads?
> >
> >[ The difference being that file downloads are not associated with a
> >session/tab and the LEDs are generally used for session/tab specific
> >information. ]
> >

> What are the LEDs you are referring to.?? Looked in the man page and FAQ
> and man page (v 0.9.3) and I couldn't find anything..

You forgot to look in the features.conf (or feature.h for 0.9.X I think)
file. ;)

I have added a small explaination to the ELinks manual. Read it here:

http://cvsweb.elinks.or.cz/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/elinks/doc/manual.html?rev=1.9;content-type=text%2Fhtml#anchor

> Is this a new/recent feature of elinks..?

It has been there a long time but has only recently become so useful
that it is now enabled by default.