[elinks-users] elinks 0.10.5 slow at resolving hostnames on Cygwin-X

Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters miciah at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 4 17:52:05 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 01:27:06AM +0100, Andrew Preater wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with elinks under Cygwin-X on Win2000 SP4.  I didn't find
> anything about it on the list on in the bugzilla, so here I am. :)
>
> When I load a url, elinks spends a long time looking up the hostname of
> the server: it will spend four or five seconds with the message 'Looking
> up host' in the status bar.  When the page is eventually loaded it's
> rendered at a blistering speed, but the hang at the beginning is annoying.

This is reported as bug 691, 'Host lookup is slow', which probably
should have its summary improved. There is a proposed work-around.
I see the I need to update it, and I will do so promptly.  Please try
the work-around and report whether it works along with information on
your software configuration.

Thanks,

--
Miciah Masters <miciah at myrealbox.com> / <mdm0304 at mail.ecu.edu>