[elinks-users] Enable cookie

Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters miciah at myrealbox.com
Wed Sep 7 17:31:44 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 09:57:31AM +1000, Kendy Yus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie in using "links". I am developing a simple web application and testing it on links. I have the login mechanism on my application, and after login allow the user to follow through different links. I tested it on lynx, and it prompts me whether I want to allow cookie, like this:
>    www.cognyx.com cookie: JSESSIONID=63E3DFAA9C2EC84987D4A073D48EF6D6  Allow? (Y/N/Always/neVer)
> However, when I test it on "links" I can't find that option, neither does it prompt to ask me. And as the result, once the user log in the my application, as soon as the other link on that page is selected, it goes back to the login screen.
>
> So, the bottom line is how can I enable the cookie on "links"?

When you say "links", do you mean ELinks? If not, maybe you should try
links-list.

You can enable cookies in ELinks by going to the Setup menu, (alt-s),
Options manager, Cookies, Accept policy. The default is to accept all
without prompting.

The problem that you are experiencing might not actually be that ELinks
ignores the cookie, but rather that it is using the cache. Have you
tried reloading (ctrl-r) after submitting the form?

Links supports cookies, but doesn't have an option to prompt. You might
try reloading in that as well.

HTH,

--
Miciah Masters <miciah at myrealbox.com> / <mdm0304 at mail.ecu.edu>