[elinks-users] elinks with windows cygwin and javascript

Jonas Fonseca fonseca at diku.dk
Tue Aug 8 13:06:01 PDT 2006

Dirk Hoffmann <interessierter at munich.com> wrote Sun, Aug 06, 2006:
> Heya,

Hello,

> I do not succeed in compiling elinks
> with the javascript support under windows cygwin.

Which javascrip engine did you try to compile?

> Somebody has hints beyond the official doku stuff?

I did not succeed in getting Spidemonkey up and running myself.
Fortunately my distribution did. I did however manage to compile SEE
(Simple Ecmascript Engine) which ELinks also has bindings for. So you
could try to compile SEE.

> What about official makefile support for compiling
> with cygwin and for including javascript?

Hmm, you mean like wget'ing a tarball and so on?

> A web-browser without javascript is quite useless
> nowadays...

FYI, ELinks doesn't supports the DOM interface, so you might say that it
is useless anyway. ;)