[elinks-users] Elinks and Local Shell Links

Nigel Hamilton nigel at turbo10.com
Sat Jan 7 03:54:37 PST 2006

Hi,

 	I'm wanting to use Elinks to create JavaDoc-esque class browser in
HTML. Ideally I would like the user to traverse the documentation and then
click on a link and open up the local filename (e.g., HelloWorld.java) at a
specific line (e.g. 415).

 	I'm wondering if Elinks can solve my problem?

 	I could load everything into a textarea (via local CGI) and enable
people to <cntrl> T to the EDITOR ... but this won't drop them off at the
correct line (i.e., 415).

 	I've tried enabling local CGI and then doing a system call:
system("/usr/bin/vi +415 HelloWorld.java") but this fails too.

 	Ideally I want to spawn off a new process based on a local link but
parameterize the call (e.g, vi +115 HelloWorld.java) based on link specific
parameters.

 	I'm really impressed with elinks and hope to use it ... but this is the
only snag? Any ideas on how I can achieve this with elinks. I would also like
to run the compiler via elinks (e.g., javac HelloWorld.java).

 	Any ideas?

NIge