[elinks-users] ELinks and OpenBSD-sparc64

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Mon Jan 9 06:23:34 PST 2006

James Prevatt <jprevatt+elinks at paunix.org> asks on Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:40:05 -0500:

>> I would like to find out if anyone else (particularly on
>> other OS's, but same platform) has had any problems using ELinks
>> on a sparc64 platform.

I run elinks on SPARC systems running Solaris 7, 8, 9, and 10, and
on GNU/Linux (Gentoo Base System version 1.4.16) 2.4.28-sparc-r1 kernel.
On all of those, it appears to behave normally.   My most frequent
use is on Solaris 9 and 10, but I just checked on all of them that
it starts up and displays properly.

However, on all of those, it is compiled as an ELF 32-bit MSB executable.
I'm going to do a build on Solaris 10 in a 64-bit environment,
and will report back shortly.