[elinks-users] elinks and 64-bit SPARC builds

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Jan 11 07:29:38 PST 2006

This morning, I redid build attempts for elinks in a 64-bit SPARC
Solaris 10 environment for these versions:

        elinks-0.10.6
        elinks-0.11rc0
        elinks-0.11.0
        elinks-current-0.11-20060109
        elinks-current-0.12-20060109

I used make options "V=1 -i -k" to display compiler lines, and force
compilation attempts on the full source.  I also used simplified
options with cc, just enough to choose a 64-bit build environment, but
nothing else that would influence what parts of system header files
got included.

If an elinks developer wants to examine the logs, I can make them
available privately off-list.

One thing that may be a show stopper at link-time is the need for
64-bit versions of several support libraries.  This morning, I built
and installed a 64-bit version of -lbz2, but more such work may be
needed.

If the compilation errors in the code can be fixed, then we can see
whether a 64-bit link and successful execution is possible.