[elinks-users] Elinks and Local Shell Links

Nigel Hamilton nigel at turbo10.com
Thu Jan 26 01:52:36 PST 2006

Hi Jonas,

 	Not too long ago you added a feature to enable insitu editing of
files on the client side:

>> 	application/x-plugvi;   plugvi %s; needsterminal
>>
>> and the following in ~/.mime.types:
>>
>> 	application/x-plugvi    plugvi
>>
>> and I put the following in the plugvi script:
>>
>> 	#!/bin/bash
>> 	arg="${1%%.plugvi}"
>> 	file=${arg%%~*}
>> 	line=${arg##*~}
>> 	vi "$file" +"$line"
>>
>> You probably want to also disable the mime.mailcap.ask option so that it
>> gets run when you follow the link.
>>
>> Then you just make links like the following:

I've only now got to implementing this client-side editing part of the
system. I'm currently using this elinks -version:

ELinks 0.12.GIT (built on Jan 26 2006 09:41:13)

Features:
Standard, IPv6, gzip, bzip2, Periodic Saving, Timer, Cascading Style
Sheets,
Protocol (File, FTP, HTTP, SMB, URI rewrite, User protocols), SSL
(OpenSSL),
MIME (Option system, Mailcap, Mimetypes files), LED indicators, Bookmarks,
Cookies, Form History, Global History, Goto URL History, Search History

The good news is in-situ file editing works perfectly! Thanks heaps. So
this URL works:

 	file:///home/search/turbo10/html/test.html.plugvi"

However when I try embedding the line number to jump too ...

 	file:///home/search/turbo10/html/test.html~341.plugvi"

... an elinks dialog box pops up with the message:

 			Error
 		Unable to retrieve file
 		No such file or directory

Any ideas?