[elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] ELinks-0.11.1
fonseca at diku.dk
Sun Jan 29 05:06:38 PST 2006
Almost a month has passed since 0.11.0 saw the light of day so it's time
to update to 0.11.1. A lot of fixes have entered, most important one to
fix the problems with installing when national language support was
enabled. This release also have a few new features such as native
support for the FSP protocol.
I would like to also use this opportunity to mention that news about
ELinks are now available as an RSS feed. The latest news are always in
http://elinks.cz/news.rss and older news are kept in per year RSS feeds.
More info on the news page at http://elinks.cz/news.html about old news.
The highlights of this particular release are listed below:
- Update Polish translation (work mostly done by Jakub Bogusz)
- Add ftplugin for setting Vim to the ELinks coding style. The .vimrc
files has been removed since they are considered insecure.
- Fix various problems when srcdir is empty (that is when not doing out of
tree builds). Among other things this fixes installation with native
language support enabled.
- Also highlight HTML if the MIME type is application/xhtml+xml.
- Add test of the FTP directory listing parser. Replaces the 'built-in' one.
- Add a simple test of the mailcap cache.
- Do a much needed update of the man pages.
- Move the SGML entity database back to the format used by unicode.org: fixes
b.delta to have the correct value 0x03B4.
- Fix handling of files like 'a?b' given the command line, reported by rrowan.
It broke (for the n-th time ;) in CVS version 1.317->1.318 back in August.
The fix preserves the intend of that patch, namely to optimize the number of
calls to file_exists().
- This year's batch of Gopher fixes: Two crash fixes, and really make the
directory 'view' the default.
- As a stop gap measure avoid using NULL nonce and realms when doing
- Various build fixes and improvements.
- Misc configure.in fixes and simplifications.
- Be more careful when copying .deps/*.pp files so they do not generate errors
on systems where the compiler do not create them.
- Make the 'make init' target safer, so it won't overwrite subdir Makefiles.
- Create .gitignore file when builddir != srcdir so cg-status won't list files
in the builddir if it is nested inside the srcdir.
- Various improvements to the FSP support.
- Don't contaminate CFLAGS with stuff from RUBY_CFLAGS.
- Using <base href=""> for HTML source rendering so links are set correctly.
- Detect whether asciidoc supports --unsafe; set ASCIIDOC_FLAGS accordingly.
- Fix out of bound access to the scanned string.
- Normalize all links added by the plain renderer, this ensures that the
protocol and host name are lowercased, which is asserted in some parts of
Kalle Olavi Niemitalo:
- Don't include <sys/param.h> in util/math for MAX/MIN.
- Fix pod2html errors in contrib/perl/hooks.pl.
- Update French translation.
- Add missing b flag to fopen() call.
- Update year to 2006 in Copying message.
- Fix update-po target which failed to notice a change in source tree.
- Use PF_* instead of AF_* as first parameter of socket(2).
- Use mode_t and mode macros everywhere.
- Prefer S_I?USR and S_IRWXU flags over obsolete S_IREAD, S_IWRITE, S_IEXEC.
- Upgrade config.charset to latest version from GNU gettext.
- Fix a memleak that may occur on systems without alloca(), backport from GNU
- Enforce locales env vars to be sure elinks generate English texts, when used
from documentation scripts.
- Use date -I for man page date, suggested by lindi.
- Various documentation fixes and optimizations.
Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters:
- Change the keyboard accelerator for the cookie browser's Clear button to
'l', which is safer and consistent with the other managers.
- Check for hooks.js before trying to load it so there are no warning
- Fix add_document_to_string to actually add stuff.
- Fix GITweb smartprefix blob, tree, and history commands.
- Add a rewrite rule for video.google.com to automatically play videos.
- SMJS: Give user scripts access to the view_state and use it in
- Add internal FSP protocol support replacing the support via CGI script.
- Make PHP 5 happy by setting by setting REDIRECT_STATUS env var to "1".
- Make ELinks more TCC (tiny C compiler) friendly.
More information about the elinks-users