[elinks-users] Can't compile eLinks Debian (PowerMac; Kernel 2.4.22)

Phillip Pi ant at zimage.com
Tue Jan 31 07:09:42 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 04:06:50PM +0100, Jonas Fonseca wrote:
> Phillip Pi <ant at zimage.com> wrote Tue, Jan 31, 2006:
> > OK, I got the patch and tried it, but still failed:
>
> But yay, there is progress! :)
>
> Side note: you don't need to add the whole configure + make log every
> time. It was great in the start but onwards something equivalent to the
> below will do.

OK. I will post the last few lines with the error lines then.

> >       [CC]   src/main/timer.o
> > In file included from ../.././src/main/timer.h:4,
> >                  from timer.c:10:
> > ../.././src/util/time.h:44: error: syntax error before 'n'
> > make[2]: *** [timer.o] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/u00/home/ant/download/elinks-0.11.1/src/main'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/u00/home/ant/download/elinks-0.11.1/src'
> > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> As Zas replied I think we need to fix util/time.h, although I somehow
> doubt it will fix it. It seems we need to include elinks.h always before
> system headers.
>
> > Also, I have not tried compiling this under Mac OS X 10.2.8 so I hope
> > it can compile there too. I will try that later on like on the weekend
> > or whatever.
>
> If you have the time, that will be great. I don't think the new build
> system and the other changes since 0.10 has been exercised on Mac OS X.

OK. Well, this was more of a surprise on a different Debian box. :) My Debian r3.1 box (Kernel
2.6.14-K7) at home had no problems.
--
"It is not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you industrious about?" --Henry David Thoreau
  /\___/\
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi at earthlink.net or ant at zimage.com
    ( )