[elinks-users] Forwarding links?

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Mon May 8 04:02:08 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:14:04AM +0200, Jonas Fonseca wrote:
> Thomas Adam <thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org> wrote Sun, May 07, 2006:
> > On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 01:55:57PM -0400, Seth Williamson wrote:
> >
> > > After a lot of time messing around--I am pathetic at this--I
> > > discovered that I had to specify the path to the program. It
> > > installed in a place not in my $PATH statement. Took a while to
> > > find it. It was installed at /usr/X11R6/bin/xclip.
> >
> > Then your PATH is in grave error -- as /usr/X11R6/bin should always
> > be in it. That's probably soemthing your distribution should fix.
>
> I remember reading somewhere that all X programs are migrating to
> /usr/bin in Debian (am running Ubuntu myself).

That seems pointless, not to mention contradictory to the LSB (and FSH).
Has there been some illogical and radical shift to want to make this
happen?  I'd find it odd that such a change would be distro-specific,
given /usr/X11R6/bin's ubiquitous.

-- Thomas Adam

--
I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else.