[elinks-users] Should ELinks use U+303F IDEOGRAPHIC HALF-FILL SPACE?

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo kon at iki.fi
Sun Nov 5 04:40:43 PST 2006

ELinks 0.12.GIT supports fullwidth CJK characters, which span two
display cells.  If it should display a fullwidth character, but
there is only one display cell available (e.g. because another
window covers the other cell), ELinks displays a space instead.
Now, reading the Unicode 3.0 standard, I noticed U+303F
IDEOGRAPHIC HALF-FILL SPACE, which might be more appropriate than
the regular U+0020 SPACE.  On the other hand, U+303F seems to be
missing from some fonts and may look uglier than a space.  So I'm
not going to make such a change on my own.

If you use CJK characters, please post a reply describing whether
you think this would be a good change, or which character should
be used instead.