[elinks-users] ELinks & UTF-8
cga2000 at optonline.net
Sun Apr 15 17:58:48 PDT 2007
Is anyone running ELinks successfully in linux under one of the UTF-8
I've tried to get this to work for about a month and still no joy.
I get artifacts all over the place, the Elinks menus have fuzzy borders
and any language I try only has the 7-bit ascii characters.
All accented characters are replaced by spaces or "*".
Since just about every web page I have checked does not use a unicode
charset anyway, (including most of the pages that discuss unicode!!) I
would be content using plain old iso8859-1 in ELinks ... if only I could
get it to work.
I suspect this is a problem with ELinks since I don't have any problems
I am currently running version 0.11.1.
More information about the elinks-users