[elinks-users] editing form fields with lua

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Apr 17 09:11:34 PDT 2007

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo wrote:
> Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> writes:
>

>> Is it possible to hook into the form fields to do some editing with
>> lua?  I need to intercept keystrokes and modify the values in the fields.
>>

> Not at the moment.  The most up-to-date documentation is here:
> http://pasky.or.cz/gitweb.cgi?p=elinks.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=doc/lua-scripting.txt

Hmmm... On talking this over with my co-workers, would it be possible to
provide these hooks?

Basically, we need to make these changes to the way elinks operates:

1.  Enter edit mode automatically as soon as you enter a form field
(i.e. without pressing Enter)
2.  bring up a custom editor that has some metaknowledge about the
field.  So we would need to know either some custom attributes of the
field, or the name.
3.  We would submit and reload the form on exiting the custom editor.

Is there any documentation of the input system that would allow us to
make these changes?

--Yan