[elinks-users] elinks-current + spidermonkey -> bus error MacOS

Breen Mullins breen.mullins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:09:33 PDT 2007

* Breen Mullins <breen.mullins at gmail.com> [2007-09-03 10:56 -0700]:

> * Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <kon at iki.fi> [2007-09-03 20:01 +0300]:
>
>> Breen Mullins <breen.mullins at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I hacked the suggested linker flag bind_at_load into the Makefile, which
>>> suppressed the error message, but I still get the bus error running the
>>> resulting binary.
>>
>> Can you post a backtrace?
>
> kdump output is attached. Hope it's useful; I'm not too familiar with
> ktrace.

And here finally is a backtrace. For some reason I didn't have gdb on
this box, and the failure doesn't always generate a core file.

Here's what it does give me:

[ bpm at mehitabel src %] gdb ./elinks /cores/core.15024
GNU gdb 5.3-20030128 (Apple version gdb-330.1) (Fri Jul 16 21:42:28 GMT 2004)
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-apple-darwin".
Reading symbols for shared libraries ....... done
Core was generated by `./elinks'.
#0  AES_ctr128_inc () at window.c:142
142                     struct document_view *doc_view = vs->doc_view;
(gdb) bt
#0  AES_ctr128_inc () at window.c:142
#1  0x0104dffc in ?? ()
#2  0x0104dffc in ?? ()