[elinks-users] Open link in external browser?

Thomas Adam thomas.adam22 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:53:46 PDT 2007

On 13/09/2007, Raffi Khatchadourian <khatchad at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
> Hi. I was wondering if elinks had the feature of "open link in external
> browser" and if not, if I could request it. This would be useful for
> people that use elinks with text-based email editors like mutt to view
> html email. Another name could be "follow link on system (or external)
> browser." Thanks!

You want URI-passing in ELinks.

Via the ELinks menu, go to:

Setup -> Option Manager -> Document -> URI Passing

>From there you'll be able to add an option to the passing stuff --
call it something like the name of the browser you wish to use, such
as "Firefox".  When you've added it, click edit, and enter something
like:

firefox %c 2>/dev/null

Then save the options from the Options manager.

-- Thomas Adam