[elinks-users] elinks support in the VIM Netrw plug-in

Thomas Adam thomas.adam22 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:58:40 PDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:34:26 -0400
Faux_Pseudo <faux.pseudo at gmail.com> wrote:
> In most cases ${@}, ${url} and ${tmpfile} are even better than quotes
> because of the aforementioned readability.  But it might break older
> shells in which case see point #2 above.

I really don't want this to become a "general shell programming thread"
since it detracts from the more useful and *original* purpose of
discussing how one can use vim with ELinks.

I *hate* the use of ${foo} *unless* there is a need to disambiguate to
allow correct interpolation.  Otherwise $foo suffices and is shorter to
type.

Any further stylistic comments about shell scripts to this thread ought
to be null and void --- and I apologise to the original author for ever
bringing it up.  I do not wish to thread-hijack at all.

Shame on the rest of you for coming out the woodwork.  ;)

-- Thomas Adam

--
"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my
head." -- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.