[elinks-users] -force-html option not working in ELinks 0.11.1

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed May 7 06:39:53 PDT 2008

I am running ELinks 0.11.1 (I can't update, it's not my system, just a
shell login on my hosting account) and I can't get the -force-html
option to work at all.

I have an HTML file which I have renamed to 'fred', when I do:-

    elinks -force-html fred

I get the pop-up saying "What would you like to do with the file
'fred' (type: application/octet-stream)?".

On my work system (Fedora 7) it works perfectly, even *without* the
-force-html (this is ELinks 0.11.3).

What might be wrong, or is there a bug in ELinks 0.11.1?

--
Chris Green