[elinks-users] -force-html option not working in ELinks 0.11.1

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed May 7 07:12:17 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 02:39:53PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> I am running ELinks 0.11.1 (I can't update, it's not my system, just a
> shell login on my hosting account) and I can't get the -force-html
> option to work at all.
>
> I have an HTML file which I have renamed to 'fred', when I do:-
>
>     elinks -force-html fred
>
> I get the pop-up saying "What would you like to do with the file
> 'fred' (type: application/octet-stream)?".
>
> On my work system (Fedora 7) it works perfectly, even *without* the
> -force-html (this is ELinks 0.11.3).
>

> What might be wrong, or is there a bug in ELinks 0.11.1?

It was *something* in my elinks.conf file, I deleted it and now
-force-html is working as expected.  I had looked at elinks.conf
before and it looked innocuous, there was hardly anything in it
(nothing needing saving anyway!).

Just an aside, what do the [0|1] bits mean in the help?  Some I can
understand as on/off but not all, for example:-

    -dump [0|1]           Print formatted versions of given URLs to stdout

what does the [0|1] do there?  Ooh, I've just tried it, if I do
"elinks -dump 0 test.html" it *doesn't* dump the file.  How wierd!

--
Chris Green