[elinks-users] elinks + mutt: problems with utf-8 encoding

أحمد المحمودي aelmahmoudy at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 11 05:56:16 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:16:20PM +0200, Joost Kremers wrote:
> BTW, I notice your name's in Arabic (although in my case the characters are
> displayed backward and unconnected.) Do you use mutt to read/write mail in
> Arabic? If so, may I ask which terminal emulator you use, and which editor?
> I've tried a couple of times to get mutt to handle Arabic mail properly,
> but never got it right...
---end quoted text---

 1. I use either Linux console (tty1,2,...) or gnome-terminal.
 2. I use vim, nano, gedit as editors.

 Those by themselves won't display arabic in forward (right-to-left) and
 connected forms. I use bicon (www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=BiCon)
 to view arabic correctly in an application.

 I just run it as follows: bicon ar <application name>

--
 أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer