[elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] ELinks 0.12pre3
Kalle Olavi Niemitalo
kon at iki.fi
Sun Mar 29 05:03:03 PDT 2009
This is the third prerelease for ELinks 0.12.
This release of ELinks is mostly licensed under version 2 of the GNU
General Public License. More permissive licences apply to some parts
of it, and there is also one test file under the GNU Free Documentation
License; please see COPYING for the list.
User-visible changes since ELinks 0.12pre2
* bug 1060: Regexp searching now requires the TRE library.
* lzma disabled by default. It's rarely used and doesn't build with new xz.
* critical: Fix double-free crash if EOF immediately follows </MAP>.
(Also fixed in ELinks 0.11.6.)
* critical: Fix assertion failure if IMG/@usemap refers to a different
* critical bug 1053: Fix crash if a download finishes after ELinks has
closed the terminal from which the download was started. (Also fixed
in ELinks 0.11.6.)
* critical bug 1067: Fixed a crash in the RSS parser that ``configure
--enable-html-highlight'' enables. (ELinks 0.12pre1 was the first
release that supported RSS at all.)
* Don't crash when the search-toggle-regex action is used and no regular
expression support is compiled in.
Locales, charsets, and terminals:
* major bug 1004: Ignore locales when comparing HTML element names and
similar strings, so e.g. ``title'' matches ``TITLE'' even in the
Turkish locale. (Also fixed in ELinks 0.11.6.)
* bug 153: Preserve Unicode characters in XBEL bookmark files.
However, Unicode in URIs (really IRIs) does not work reliably yet;
this is being tracked as bug 1066.
* bug 885: Convert xterm titles to ISO-8859-1 by default, but add an
option to disable this. When removing control characters from a
title, note the charset. Don't truncate titles to the width of the
* bug 1061: Correctly truncate UTF-8 titles in the tab bar.
* minor: Clicking a link with the mouse activates that link, rather
than the one selected with move-cursor-* actions. (Also fixed in
* enhancement: Updated ISO 8859-7, ISO 8859-16, KOI8-R, and MacRoman.
* Perl scripts can use modules that dynamically load C libraries, like
* bug 1069: ELinks didn't report ECMAScript errors, even if the
ecmascript.error_reporting option was turned on. (This was a new
bug in ELinks 0.12pre2.)
* Preserve newlines in hidden input fields, and submit them as CRLF.
Previously, they could turn into spaces or disappear entirely.
* bug 1068: ELinks used to display a blank or truncated page if an
HTTP/1.1 server sent a compressed body with incorrect Content-Length.
That has now been fixed, and a new option (protocol.http.compression)
has been added.
* minor bug 761: When reading bookmarks from an XBEL file, distinguish
attribute names from attribute values.
* build bug 1047: Attempt to make inline functions satisfy C99 6.7.4p3
so that ELinks can be built on OpenSolaris. (Also fixed in ELinks
Authors since ELinks 0.12pre2
Kalle Olavi Niemitalo
M. Vefa Bicakci
Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters
ELinks 0.12pre3 has the following bugs that were not in 0.11.6.
These should be fixed before the 0.12.0 release:
* Bug 765 - Opening a new tab can ask about the document of the
* Bug 943 - Crash: BFU points to a freed struct type_query
There is also one other bug scheduled for 0.12.0:
* Bug 771 - Infinite loop is not well handled
These same bugs were listed in the 0.12pre2 announcement already. :-(
More information about the elinks-users