[elinks-users] ELinks 0.12pre5 - Garbled display with UTF-8 I/O enabled.

Chris Jones cjns1989 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 09:20:59 PDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 11:02:05AM EDT, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 05:12:08AM EDT, Kalle Olavi Niemitalo wrote:

[..]

> > So, there seems to be an incompatibility between xterm and this
> > font, before ELinks is even started.  I don't think it'll be
> > useful to look for a bug in ELinks until that has been fixed.
>
> I’ll see if I can reach out to the xterm maintainer. Could be a known
> limitation of my version of xterm.

Had forgotten about this:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.x/browse_thread/thread/dc4d1ee450b017dc

Also, for an unrelated issue, I installed lynx a couple of days ago and
I'm getting neither the "character remanence" nor the "tearing" earlier
reported.

Not sure if it's any help, but thought I'd mention it.

CJ