[elinks-users] m3u mime handler problem

Chris Epicier seuchato at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 24 01:55:05 PST 2010

Hi all

I am impressed by elinks, it is just a great tool. I love it, have it all over our network now.

At home I have set up a few terminals that connect to a gnump3server. elinks is the tool I use to select and play mp3/m3u's. All I had to do is set the following

    set mime.extension.mp3 = "audio/mpeg"

    ## mime.handler.audiompegurl

      ## mime.handler.audiompegurl.unix

        ## mime.handler.audiompegurl.unix.ask [0|1]
        set mime.handler.audiompegurl.unix.ask = 0

        ## mime.handler.audiompegurl.unix.block [0|1]
        set mime.handler.audiompegurl.unix.block = 0

        ## mime.handler.audiompegurl.unix.program <str>
        #set mime.handler.audiompegurl.unix.program = "mpg123 --gapless  -@ %  &"
        #set mime.handler.audiompegurl.unix.program = "nohup mpg123 -@ % >/dev/null 2>&1 &"
        set mime.handler.audiompegurl.unix.program = "pidof mpg123 | while read line ; do kill -9 $line ; done ; mpg123 -q -@ % >/dev/null"
That said, here is the first, probably not elinks related problem
  "pidof mpg123 | while read line ; do kill -9 $line ; done ;"
Is there, to enable interruption of streaming when the user selects another song. This works flawlessly if an instance of mpg123 is up, else kill gives a nasty message

"kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]"

which appears at the current cursol location. How can I avoid this?

greets chris