[elinks-users] why use elinks? and how to search archives?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Nov 16 19:51:40 PST 2010

I tried that simple a macro in the past but it didn't work so well for
me.  I found it necessary to write a little script that would wrap
links in them but were not actual text/html type messages.  Also, I
tried this simple macro on what I thought to be html formatted
messages but elinks kept saying something to the effect that it didn't
know what to do with the file.  It never seemed to have the right MIME
type or something.  Maybe I need to add something else?

One thing I now have in place and seems to be working well with html
type messages is the .mailcap entries for text/html and if I go into
the attachment menu and type 'm' to manually open the segment, it goes
into elinks for me with becoming a text dump.